Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today I had a lot of fun. I spent the day at Evelyn's. We played Settler's of Cattan. She beat me two games to one. When I got home John was home. He needed to run to the office. So, I rode with him. After the office we had a date. We ate at El Potro. They have a very nice Mexican buffet there. Then we walked around Walmart. The Walmart here is better than the one in Orlando. It is not near as crowded. We hope to close on our house on the 3oth. God is definitely teaching us patience. On Wednesdays I will be taking care of a handicapped man. He is 32 years old and has schizophrenia. (John had to Google the spelling of that there is no way I would know how to spell it) He also has some learning disabilities. He is on medication and functions very well. He can read, count money, bowl, clean , and order things from a menu. I am sure he can do more than this. This is just what I observed. When he has an off day he will stay home with his mom. His mom is a real sweet heart(I think she may be a Christian). He is also very nice. Two days out of the month we will be at his house with his mom. Those two days he cleans and I supervise. The other two days we will go bowling, to the movies, shopping, or the library. I think this will be a very nice job. I think my schedule is full enough now. I will be working 14-16 hours a week. One day out of the week I will clean a house (I only have two cleaning jobs now Darla moved and so did Pat) ,one day I have Joy for five hours, one day I will take care of Ron for four hours, and one day I have Bible study. One of the cleaning jobs I can do after the Bible study. The cleaning jobs are every other week so it works out nice to have just one a week. I love that I can get my work done before the kids get home. God is good! I have not enrolled the kids in school yet. I am waiting for my new driver's license to come in the mail. In order to get my homestead exemption I need a driver's license with the correct address. To enroll the kids I either need a copy of the deed or homestead. I need to apply for homestead for next year any way. I decided to go with that. It costs to get a copy of your deed any way. Please pray for us that all of this will work out soon. It would be wonderful to close on the house and get the kids enrolled. After we close on the house we will go to visit Darla and Henry in Tenn. for a vacation. I can't wait. We are so ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to you guys coming for a visit. Henry said John can have the remote as always and not to worry we still have Dish.