Monday, September 11, 2006

Lost in my own world

I guess I have been lost in my own little world. Sorry, it has been so long since I posted. Right now I am greatly disturbed. John is watching a Jeff Foxworthy special. Kenny Rogers and Jeff Foxworthy are holding hands and singing Islands in Stream. How scary is that? He is sitting on the sofa laughing his head off. Anyway, we have been working around the house. I found a solid oak dining table at an auction for $5.00. John has been refinishing it. I have been decorating my house. I have been working on Michael's room lately. He loves maps. I wanted to get him some map wallpaper but couldn't find any I liked. I also hate the idea of having to take down wallpaper some day. So I found a old atlas. I taped a bunch of maps together to make my own wall covering. I really liked the way it turned out. I covered the whole wall like wallpaper. It is attached only at the top of the wall so when we want to take it down it will be easy. The best part of it is it only cost one dollar for the atlas. I will post some pictures of it soon. John is now watching an infomercial. John should not be allowed to have the remote. He does keep me laughing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very creative! Be sure to post some pictures of the room. I would love to see how it turned out.

Anonymous said...

Had a great time with you all yesterday. You guys are like family without the stress to have around. Darla