Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Today I had to go to the police to get some finger prints for the new company I will be working for. I had to get finger prints for the last company I worked for so I figured no big deal. I have policophobia! I am not sure what caused this. When I was little my parents would tease me and say if I cut the tag off my pillow the police would come and arrest me. You know the one that says do not remove upon penalty of law. One time they had a police officer friend of their's come over after I had removed the tag as a joke. Go ahead laugh! It is funny. I have also had the police come to my house twice and say that my car was involved in a violent crime. Only to find out that they read the license number wrong. So with fear and trepidation I went to get my finger prints done. I paid the meter for over an hour just in case so I won't get a ticket. It only took 15 minutes. I was nervous as I crossed the street. There was no light so I had to jay walk.(also afraid I would get a ticket for that) I don't know why I get so nervous. I have never received a ticket and have nothing to hide. Why is it the people who have nothing to hide get so nervous around police? I am just glad it is over. The police women who did the prints had to tell me to relax several times. I told her about the pillow thing. I made her laugh. I think I made her day.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Lisa, your blog made me laugh...but I'm so sorry you were so traumatized as a child! If its any consolation, I have many of the same fears.